Mysticetus features are your technological cornerstone for all phases of marine mammal management.
Mysticetus features brings automation to data management and modern database methods designed specifically for MMO services and research. Its use returns hours and hours to you and your staff. Highly accurate data provides for reduced operational costs associated with surveys of all kinds.
False operational delays during survey operations are essentially eliminated. The time saving features are significant in allowing your project bids to be more competitive. The ability to prevent false delays allow your bids to be more desirable for your customers.
Mysticetus Features Address:
- GIS Analysis
- Harassment takes estimation
- estimating animal density relative to work area impact,
- integrated sound levels
- printing high-detailed bathymetric maps of survey areas for permit applications, etc.
- Supports survey route planning and interpretation
- Supports planning and implementation of mitigation and monitoring efforts.
- Allows for simulated “dry runs” to facilitate hands-on MMO training allowing for simulated sighting and mitigation events
- Data collection templates can be fully customized to meet the needs of any given survey project. All while assuring a standardized method of data gathering once the project is underway
- Records GPS tracks, effort levels (start, stop, effort type, gun volume, etc.), environmental conditions, animal sightings, mitigations implemented, captured media, and exact times of all events.
- Automatically calculates and updates animal locations and all vessel location on the map.
- Fully integrated, real-time mitigation decision support tools are provided.
- Provides situational awareness across the entire team – everyone sees the same thing.
- Displays a high-detail shaded relief map in real-time, augmenting MMO situational awareness.
- Uses modern software engineering techniques and region-specific (eg Cook Inlet) filters to validate incoming data greatly reducing data entry errors. This reduces the effort and time for subsequent data editing.
- Automatically uploads GPS tracks, effort and sighting data to secure cloud storage. This occurs whenever an internet connection is available. This feature eliminates the need for post-survey data archival by frequently exhausted field crews.
- Data storage, aggregation, and backups are automatic.
- Provides prediction of tracks for vessels and animals. Shows where conflict while likely occur allowing crews to adjust avoiding expensive shutdowns.
- Mysticetus aggregates data across days, weeks, months, etc. into a single, integrated cloud database. This data is managed with a single button push.
- Create high-detail reports and charts for daily, weekly, monthly, final or whenever including:
- GPS track lines,
- Environmental conditions, and
- Animal sighting with mitigation details. These reports are specifically formatted to match reporting requirements of government agencies (NMFS, USFWS, etc.),
- Automatic report generation saves hours allowing focus on the business of running your business.
- An audit log is maintained that is strongly encrypted. All data records and edit events, including who entered what data when. The log provides a high level of data integrity and confidence.
- Publication ready maps and reports.